This would be geek-rock heaven

Mac DeMarco has responded to the idea of collaborating with fellow geek-rock heroes Weezer.

DeMarco has always been very vocal about his love for the band. Now in a new amateur video interview recently posted to Youtube, he’s suggested that he would be open to the idea given the chance – providing the scenario wasn’t forced or awkward.

“With Weezer?,” DeMarco replied. “That would be crazy.”

“I have no idea, maybe, I’m just not very good at it,” continued. “For me, where I’m at now, I’ve met a lot of people that I admire so I think the option is there, the chance is there.”

“It just always feels weird to me when it’s a setup, kind of playdate thing. But who knows, only time will tell. We’ll see.”

The user skaternicka has also promised to post the second part of the interview if their channel reaches 10,000 subscribers.

Speaking to Pitchfork, DeMarco previously revealed that Weezer’s classic ‘The Blue Album’ was the first album that he ever bought.

“I had 20 bucks, and I was walking down the hip street in my hometown, and I was like, “Maybe I’ll buy a CD.” A year and a half ago, me and my friends really got into Weezer again,” he said. “I love Weezer.”

He’s also covered ‘The Sweater Song’ in the past. Check it out below.

DeMarco’s latest album ‘This Old Dog’ was released in May 2017. He recently spoke about new music, saying that he’s “always writing and recording”.

Meanwhile, DeMarco will be returning for a UK and European tour this winter.

October
12 – Russia, Moscow, Arbat Hall
14 – Russia, St Petersburg, Kosmonavt
15 – Finland, Helsinki, The Circus
17 – Latvia, Riga, Palladium Riga
18 – Lithuania, Vilnius, The Hall Compensa
19 – Poland, Warsaw, Progresja
21 – Slovakia, Bratislava, Atelier Babylon
22 – Germany, Leipzig, Werk 2
23 – Germany, Frankfurt am Main, Gibson
24 – Germany, Munich, Neue Theaterfabrik
26 – Belgium, Antwerp, De Roma
28 – Ireland, Dublin
29 – United Kingdom, Belfast, Limelight 1
30 – United Kingdom, Manchester, Now Wave 10th Birthday Party @ Victoria Warehouse
31 – United Kingdom, Southampton, This Old Bat Halloween Party @ O2 Guildhall Southampton

November
1 – France, Paris, Pitchfork Music Festival