Lupe Fiasco Skipping Retirement to Release 'Drogas Light' Next Year

Weeks after bowing out from music following criticism of his hard-hitting "N.E.R.D." freestyle, Lupe Fiasco announced the release date for his new album Drogas Light.

"DROGAS Light, February 10th 2017," he wrote on Twitter. Not only did Fiasco provide a release date, he also gave fans a look at his album cover as well. Earlier today (Dec. 27), he unveiled the tracklist for his 14-song project, which will include appearances from Rick Ross, Ty Dolla $ign, and Big K.R.I.T.

The news of his return comes after a Reddit user ignited rumors fueled by a recent Fiasco performance in Cleveland. During the show last week, Fiasco vowed to shower his fans with new music, despite being embroiled in a heated battle with his home label, Atlantic Records.

“He said he could never fully give himself to an album while with Atlantic, so the real DROGAS will be released after a ‘lite’ version with Atlantic,” the user wrote.

Earlier this month, Fiasco hinted he would retire from music after being accused of using anti-Semitic lyrics for his "N.E.R.D." freestyle. Angered by the feedback he received from C.E.O. of the Anti Defamation League, Jonathan Greenblatt, he axed plans of ever releasing music again.

“I get the hint God,” he wrote on Twitter. “Yo Lupe fans it’s been fun and I hope you’ve had fun. I’m officially not releasing anymore music. Albums cancelled.”

Take a look at the cover art and the tracklist for Drogas Light below.

twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/812730879965532161/photo/1

01. DOPAMINE LIT
02. NGL (FEAT. TY DOLLA $IGN)
03. PROMISE
04. MADE IN THE USA (FEAT. BIANCA SINGS)
05. JUMP (FEAT. GIZZLE)
06. CITY OF THE YEAR (FEAT. RONDO)
07. HIGH (FEAT. SIMON SAYZ)
08. TRANQUILLO (FEAT. RICK ROSS & BIG K.R.I.T.)
09. KILL (FEAT. TY DOLLA $IGN & VICTORIA MONÉT)
10. LAW (FEAT. SIMON SAYZ)
11. PICK UP THE PHONE
12. IT’S NOT DESIGN (FEAT. SALIM)
13. WILD CHILD (FEAT. JAKE TORREY)
14. MORE THAN MY HEART (FEAT. RXMN & SALIM)