"I had no knowledge of his violent history"

Danish band Lukas Graham have removed their cover of late rapper XXXTentacion‘s ‘SAD!’ from Spotify after learning of the rapper’s past.

The track was covered as a stripped-down version on the streaming service’s Spotify Singles series.

However, lead singer Lukas Forchammer pulled the cover and posted on Instagram: “Our cover of ‘SAD!’ will be taken down ASAP. I had no knowledge of his violent history. I’m very sorry for the pain I’ve caused. Again, I’m very sorry.”

The Florida rapper and singer was shot and killed during a robbery in Deerfield Beach, Florida on June 18, 2018. He was 20.

At the time XXXTentacion had been accused of domestic abuse by his ex-girlfriend last year. He pled not guilty to the charges but confessed to domestic abuse and other violent acts in a secret recording.

Kanye West appeared to defend the rapper on XXXTentacion’s posthumous album ‘Skins’ on the track ‘One Minute’ which was released in December.

Earlier this month, the late rapper’s latest posthumous release, the ‘Members Only, Vol. 4’ mixtape, dropped to commemorate what would’ve been the late rapper’s 21st birthday.

The 23-track collection features guest appearances from the likes of Ski Mask The Slump God, Kid Trunks, Craig Xen, Bass Santana, Tankhead, Corey, Flyboy Tarantino, Ikabod Veins, Cooliecut, Killstation and more.

Ski Mask the Slump God confirmed last month that XXXTentacion was due to appear on the former’s debut album ‘Stokeley’ prior to his death.