The tracks appear on the deluxe edition of his debut solo record

Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda has shared two new songs called ‘Prove You Wrong’ and ‘What the Words Meant’.

The tracks appear on the deluxe edition of Shinoda’s solo debut, 2018’s ‘Post Traumatic’, which is out now.

The musician released his first solo album in June last year, almost 12 months on from the death of his Linkin Park bandmember, vocalist Chester Bennington.

Shinoda told Rolling Stone that much of ‘Post Traumatic’ is him trying to come to terms with Bennington’s suicide.

He said: “When I wrote some of that stuff, I was like, ‘Oh, should I say that? Does that sound weird?'” But I think it would be true for anybody in this situation. When you go through a difficult situation, sometimes you question stuff you don’t need to question. And I did. At a certain point, I was afraid just to write a song or record something, which is natural.”

Shinoda also recently discussed the possibility of recruiting a new vocalist for Linkin Park.

When he was asked by Rock Antenne if the group would ever look for another singer, he said: “That’s not my goal right now. I think it has to happen naturally. And if we find somebody that’s a great person that we think is a good personality fit and a good stylistic fit, then I could see trying to do some stuff with somebody.”