It's taken from the soundtrack to the forthcoming film 'Boy Erased'

Troye Sivan and Sigur Ros‘ Jónsi have shared their first ever collaboration, ‘Revelation’ – check it out below.

The two artists have linked up for a spot on the soundtrack to the upcoming film Boy Erased, which Sivan has a supporting part in. Jónsi has also recorded another song for the soundtrack, which is set for a digital release on October 26 and physically on November 2 (the same day as Boy Erased‘s theatrical release).

Boy Erased will also star the likes of Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe. Sivan will play a supporting role as a man the central character Jared (Lucas Hedges) meets at a gay conversion therapy program he is sent to by his Baptist parents (Kidman and Crowe).

Speaking about the song’s part in the film, Sivan explained: “I got together with Jónsi of Sigur Rós and Leland. Joel [Edgerton, writer/director] showed us a scene from the movie, and I don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s this one moment of relief in the film. It’s this one really sweet, tender moment where Jared does something that I would consider pure and beautiful and normal and romantic.

“He has that experience and the sky doesn’t fall down on him,” Sivan continued. “The world doesn’t come crashing down, and it’s a ‘revelation’ to him. That person that he was with is a revolution to him, and it was just so inspiring. So, we started with these lyrics of ‘you’re a revelation, you’re a revolution’.”

This latest collaboration follows swiftly on from Sivan’s recent team-up with Charli XCX – the pair released their ’90s-heavy video for ‘1999’ last week.