The controversial Smiths frontman is in a generous mood

Morrissey has unveiled three new tracks within the deluxe edition of his album ‘Low in High School‘.

Days after announcing a new covers album ‘California Son’, Morrissey has released a new edition of his 2017 album which boasts an extra nine tracks. Five of the bonus songs are live recordings, including Morrissey’s recent cover of The Pretenders’ ‘Back On The Chain Gang’.

The three new tracks are ‘This Song Doesn’t End When It’s Over’, which catches Moz in a typically morose mood, ‘Never Again Will I Be A Twin’, appears to detail a woeful tale of conjoined surgery gone awry, and the boastful ‘Lover-To-Be’, which has Morrissey bragging that “Never before/ Never again/ Will you see such a specimen/ Oh peachy keen”.

The track titles sit easily within ‘Low in High School’, whose tracklist was announced to be ‘the most Morrissey thing ever’.

Morrissey already shared a number of lost studio tracks this year, including ‘By The Time I Get To Wherever I’m Going‘ and ‘Blue Dreamers Eyes‘.

The former Smiths frontman is currently on tour in the US but was recently compelled to deny that he was attacked by fans who stormed the stage at a gig in San Diego.

In June, he cancelled UK and European tour dates for ‘logistical’ reasons, amid ‘former fans’ planning anti-racism protests outside concerts.