It's comprised of 25 original songs for Luca Guadagnino's Dario Argento remake

Thom Yorke’s original film score for Luca Guadagnino’s Suspiria has been released.

The score, available on Apple Music and Spotify, features 25 original compositions written and arranged by the Radiohead frontman for the remake of the 1977 horror classic.

There are contributions from the London Contemporary Orchestra and Choir, flutist Pasha Mansurov, and Yorke’s own son, Noah, who plays drums on two tracks. Sam Petts-Davies joins Yorke on production and recording duties.

Yorke told The Hollywood Reporter that it took a “few months to even contemplate the idea” of scoring the film. He said that Goblin’s original Suspiria score “is one of those legendary soundtracks.”

“It was one of those moments in your life where you want to run away but you know you’ll regret it if you do,” he said.

Frustrated Glastonbury residents demand more local tickets: “We deal with a lot of s**t”

“I watched the original film several times, and I loved it because it was of that time, an incredibly intense soundtrack. Obviously Goblin and [director] Dario [Argento] worked incredibly closely when they did it together.”

Yesterday (October 26), Yorke revealed that he’s been working on a “politically charged” follow-up to his last solo record, Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes.

Speaking to Elmundo, he said: “I didn’t have the wish to make politically charged music, but everything I do goes that way anyways.

“I’m trying to finish a record with Nigel [Godrich] and it’s going that way. It’s something that’s always there.”

Yorke also said that the record is “very electronic” and “different to anything I’ve done till now.”

Suspiria, which stars Tilda Swinton and Dakota Johnson, is released on November 16 in the UK.