The pop powerhouse lands another blow

Sigrid has shared a new song called ‘Sucker Punch’ – stream it now.

The Norwegian singer’s latest track follows this summer’s ‘Raw’ EP. Her debut album is expected to arrive in 2019.

‘Sucker Punch’ is one of my favourite songs so far and I’ve been so excited for release day,” Sigrid explains.

“Emily Warren, Martin Sjølie and I made it when we were in Ocean Sound Recordings in my hometown a while ago. The song is just a result of our usual way of working: talking, cooking, strolling, singing, dancing, experimenting…! Ugh it was so fun – just like the track itself.”

Sigrid, whose real name is Sigrid Raabe, won the BBC’s Sound Of 2018 poll in January. She beat acts including Pale Waves, Rex Orange County and IAMDDB to the top spot.

Speaking to NME in August, the 22-year-old singer said that she is being “secretive” about the details of her debut record.

“I want to be a bit secretive about it, not because I’m told to but because it’s this borderline sacred process of making something. It’s like my baby and I want to protect it until it’s out. Date-wise, it’s out when it’s finished.

“I’m working on it, mostly with the same producers and writers. It’s just a very collaborative process. It’s very exciting.”