'Immortal' also references the video game

A new 21 Savage track appears in the new trailer for Mortal Kombat 11. Scroll down to hear it now.

The next installment of the video game series was teased with a blood-filled trailer yesterday (December 7), which was soundtracked by a song by 21 called ‘Immortal’.

In the lyrics, he referenced some of the game’s characters, including Liu Kang in the line: “Draco get to kickin’ like Liu Kang.” He also appeared to reference gameplay in the lyric: “Beat you off the ground just to knock you to the floor.”

A full version of the song has yet to surface, but it is currently expected to be included on the rapper’s next album, ‘I AM > I WAS’. The record was meant to be released yesterday but 21 later tweeted: “Dam I forgot to drop my album my bad y’all.”

The album has now reportedly been given a new release date of December 21. Mortal Kombat 11, meanwhile, will be released on April 23, 2019.

Earlier this year, 21 Savage revealed that Drake was the only person to buy him a present for his 24th birthday back in 2016.

The rapper was discussing how he felt the ‘God’s Plan’ star deserved more respect for helping out young artists when he made the claim. “Drake just a genuine-ass good-hearted person,” he said. “He did a lot of shit he didn’t have to do. He do a lot of shit for up-and-coming rappers, period. I don’t think he get his respect for that. Every fuckin’ year, he pull a new artist up. Ain’t no other artist on his level do that shit.”

Drake brought the young star a Ferrari “to ride around LA”. “He the only one that got me something for my birthday that year,” he told GQ. “Don’t nobody else get me shit but Drake.”

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/liste...hX0gQs1LJTX.99