The song is the second to be taken from their upcoming new album 'Delta'

Mumford & Sons have shared the second track from their upcoming album ‘Delta’, titled ‘If I Say’.

The song follows ‘Guiding Light’, which was released last month. Described as a song that “swoops, soars, and swells around the intimate, reflective, and suitably intense vocal,” ‘If I Say’ was premiered on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show on Apple Music.

The track was produced by Paul Epworth and features a string arrangement by British film score composer Sally Herbert, who has worked on movies such as Jean Genet Is Dead and 2010’s Sus. Listen to ‘If I Say’ below.

Speaking to Lowe, keyboardist and synth player Ben Lovett revealed he “dreamt” the song while in New York. “I went into my bathroom and it on my voice memo at 3am,” he said. “I sent it to everyone the next morning and they were like, ‘Yep, okay. That’s a song.'”

‘Delta’, the band’s fourth album, is set for release on November 16, via Gentlemen Of The Road/Island. Speaking about the album earlier this year, Winston Marshall said: “I think at the beginning [of recording the album] we kind of fell back in love with the old instruments we didn’t play on ‘Wilder Mind’ like the acoustic stuff and the more folky instruments but [we were] conscious [about] how we can make these instruments sound not like these instruments which opened up a whole new world for us.”

Frontman Marcus Mumford added: “On this record it’s felt like there have been no boundaries creatively.”

Mumford & Sons will head out on a headline tour of the UK next month.

Mumford & Sons will play:

16 November – Dublin, 3 Arena
18 November – Belfast, SSE Arena
20 November – Glasgow, SSE Hydro
21 November – Manchester, Manchester Arena
23 November – Birmingham, Genting Arena
24 November – Sheffield, Fly DSA Arena
25 November – Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena
27 November – Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena
28 November – Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
29 November – London, O2 Arena
1 December – Leeds, First Direct Arena