It's the latest posthumous track to be released by Peep

Lil Peep and iLove Makonnen’s collaboration with Fall Out Boy, ‘I’ve Been Waiting’, has been released.

The track follows the late emo-rapper and the LA rapper-singer’s last team-up, ‘Sunlight On Your Skin’, which was shared in September 2018.

‘I’ve Been Waiting’ was recorded before Peep’s death in November 2017. Fall Out Boy’s contribution was added later, as Makonnen explained in a press release. “My relationship with Lil Peep was one of a kind,” he said. “We were two like-minded artists collaborating to make a new style of music that the world has not heard before. It was a pleasure to work with him and his loss has been devastating.”

“I hope that the music helps bring closure and happiness. All the songs that Peep and I have worked on are special to me. I knew adding his heroes Fall Out Boy to ‘I’ve Been Waiting,’ would be a tribute to my friend and collaborator that I could feel proud of. When I called Pete [Wentz] he immediately said yes, and it came together very quickly. I’m really excited to share this with the fans.” Listen to ‘I’ve Been Waiting’ above.

Makonnen has said the track is not the last song he and Peep worked on together, estimating there to be another “10 or 12” songs that the pair finished.

Last year, Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan compared Peep to Metallica, saying the 21-year-old had affected his fans in the same as the metal band did in their early days.

“Unfortunately Lil Peep, probably of all the artists I’ve heard recently, tapped into that same angst,” Corgan said when asked which contemporary artists made him feel the same way as Metallica used to. “And it’s so sad he passed away because he was just getting to the bigger part of this work.”