The pop star plays rising star Ally in the new remake

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper have shared a new duet from the A Star Is Born soundtrack, called ‘Shallow’.

Gaga and Cooper appear in the new remake of the classic movie, playing rising star Ally and ageing musician Jackson Maine respectively. Cooper also directed the film and co-wrote the screenplay.

‘Shallow’, which is taken from the film’s soundtrack, was written by Gaga, Mark Ronson, former Dirty Pretty Things guitarist Anthony Rossomando, and Miike Snow’s Andrew Wyatt. The full soundtrack is due to be released on October 5 – the same day as the movie. The track premiered on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show on Apple Music earlier today (September 27).

Speaking to Lowe, Gaga said she was immediately impressed by Cooper’s voice. “I mean when we first met to discuss this movie he wanted to sing and he picked this song by Creedence Clearwater Revival – ‘Midnight Special’,” she said.

“You know, I sat down at the piano to play it and sing it with him and he opened his mouth and started to sing and I just like stopped in my tracks and I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, Bradley your voice’. He just sings from his soul and he knows how to tell a story when he’s singing and I heard it right away.”

The soundtrack features 19 songs and 15 dialogue tracks. The full tracklist for A Star Is Born OST is as follows:

‘Intro’
‘Black Eyes’
‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’
‘Fabulous French’
‘La Vie En Rose’
‘I’ll Wait For You’
‘Maybe It’s Time’
‘Parking Lot’
‘Out Of Time’
‘Alibi’
‘Trust Me’
‘Shallow’
‘First Stop, Arizona’
‘Music To My Eyes’
‘Diggin’ My Grave’
‘I Love You’
‘Always Remember Us This Way’
‘Unbelievable’
‘How Do You Heart It?’
‘Look What I Found’
‘Memphis’
‘Heal Me’
‘I Don’t Know What Love Is’
‘Vows’
‘Is That Alright?’
‘SNL’
‘Why Did You Do That?’
‘Hair Body Face’
‘Scene 98’
‘Before I Cry’
‘Too Far Gone’
‘Twelve Notes’
‘I’ll Never Love Again (Film Version)’
‘I’ll Never Love Again (Extended Version)’

Earlier this year, the pop star said working alongside Cooper on the film had “changed” her. “It just has changed me. Watching Bradley work was phenomenal and then having him believe in me – it gave me more ammunition to believe in myself and I just feel so blessed to have had that experience.”

She continued: “I think what I learned from Bradley [is] it’s okay to be relentlessly sure of your vision and to go after it with every fibre of your being, and to never stop white gloving what you’re making. Sometimes, as an artist, I second guess myself when I go, ‘Am I pulling the thread? Am I unravelling the whole blanket now? Do I need to stop?’ It’s changed the way that I work today.”