Taken from the remastered 50th anniversary reissue of ‘The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society’

The Kinks have shared a previously unreleased track from 1968 – ‘Time Song’. It’s taken from the remastered 50th anniversary reissue of the band’s sixth album ‘The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society’.

The reissue will be released on October 26 and includes the track that has never officially appeared on an album.

However, the band have performed ‘Time Song’ live back in January 1973 at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in London, England, when they celebrated Britain’s inclusion in the Common Market. Watch a lyric video for ‘Time Song’ below.

To celebrate the reissued release, there will be an exhibition celebrating all things The Kinks. Titled ‘The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society,’ the exhibition will kick off on 4 October and run until the 18 November 2018 at Proud Central.

All featured works on display will include a selection of rare collector’s items including specially commissioned artworks by members of the band and vintage memorabilia.

There will also be collections of photographs documenting this particular period in the band’s history, while all the works on display will be hand-signed by surviving band members Ray Davies, Dave Davies and Mick Avory.

Last month, Ray Davies gave an update on The Kinks‘ reunion he hinted back in June.

Ray, Avory and Ray’s brother Dave have had a long-standing rift but the frontman says that the guitarist and drummer are both on board for the reunion.

“I’ve got all these great songs — I think they’re great — that need to be aired,” he told Mark Goodman and Alan Light of SiriusXM. “There’s something about the chemistry of the Kinks — if I can get them on the right day, we can produce it. It will be down to the music — if we can make four or five tracks that we really feel are energized and in keeping with what we can do, I’ll consider it.