The Queens Of The Stone Age frontman has contributed to the soundtrack of the Western-themed video game

Josh Homme has contributed a new song called ‘Cruel, Cruel World’ to the soundtrack of Red Dead Redemption 2.

The second instalment of the Western-themed video game was released last month (October 26). Its soundtrack features music from the likes of Ennio Morricone, José González, Colin Stetson, and Queens Of The Stone Age drummer Jon Theodore.

After the main soundtrack was shared upon the game’s release, more hidden tracks have come to light. The latest sees QOTSA frontman Homme singing an acoustic ballad written by Brian Eno collaborator Daniel Lanois. Listen to it below now.

Meanwhile, Homme recently reunited with Iggy Pop and Arctic Monkeys‘ Matt Helders for another Post Pop Depression show. The group, led by Pop, performed at the latest edition of Foo Fighters’ CalJam last month.

The QOTSA star also got involved with the action at a recent Distillers show in LA. Homme was filmed in the mosh pit at the reunited band’s gig at the Hollywood Palladium in September. The Distillers are fronted by Brody Dalle, to whom Homme is married.

Homme recently discussed how he first met Dalle, calling her his “punk-rock dream girl”. “I met Brody when she was 17 and I was 23. It was her first day in the US after relocating from Melbourne and I was playing guitar in the Screaming Trees. She came up to me backstage and asked if I was in Kyuss. We talked for an hour and a half and I never forgot her,” he said.