The track features on his new show, 'The Umbrella Academy'

Gerard Way has covered The Turtles’ classic track ‘Happy Together’. Listen to it now on Spotify.

The new version of the track features in the Netflix adaptation of Way’s comic book series, The Umbrella Academy.

The bright and bouncy cover features the musician’s former My Chemical Romance bandmate, guitarist Ray Toro. The pair previously collaborated on another cover for the new TV show, delivering a rendition of Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘A Hazy Shade Of Winter’ for its trailer.

‘Happy Together’ was originally released by The Turtles in 1967. Over the years it has been covered by an eclectic range of artists, including Weezer, Petula Clarke, Miley Cyrus, Simple Plan, and Donny Osmond.

The Umbrella Academy is set to arrive on Netflix next week (February 15) and stars the likes of Ellen Page, Robert Sheehan, Mary J. Blige, Tom Hopper, and Aidan Gallagher.

Earlier this year, Way revealed how watching the show being filmed had helped sparked some ideas for new music. “When I was on set the very first day and we were watching the very first shot, which was a scene between Ellen and Aidan,” he said. “It’s the very last shot of the pilot and they’re talking about the end of the world and it’s supposed to cut to black.

“And a song popped into my head for that and I started writing this song that I ended up recording. I haven’t finished it yet, but it’s a song I would love to give to the show.”

The musician has released some standalone tracks in the last few months, including ‘Getting Down The Germs’, which also features Toro, and the Halloween-themed ‘Baby You’re A Haunted House’.