The new cover features Way's My Chemical Romance bandmate Ray Toro

Gerard Way has shared a cover of Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Hazy Shade Of Winter’, which is featured in the first full-length trailer for his upcoming Netflix show, The Umbrella Academy.

The track also sees Way reunite with his former My Chemical Romance bandmate, Ray Toro. Guitarist Toro was one of the founding members of the band along with Way and his brother Mikey.

Although ‘Hazy Shade Of Winter’ was originally recorded and released by Simon & Garfunkel in 1966, it achieved more chart success when The Bangles released their own version in 1987 as part of the Less Than Zero soundtrack. You can listen to Way’s cover below.

The Umbrella Academy is based on the Way-created comic book series of the same name and will arrive on Netflix as a 10-episode show on February 15. According to the streaming platform’s synopsis, the series follows six estranged superhero relatives come together to “solve a mystery surrounding their father’s death.”

The official trailer was released today (January 24) – watch it below now. Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, David Castañeda, Aidan Gallagher, Cameron Britton, and Mary J. Blige are all set to star in the programme.

Speaking to Billboard about the show, Way said: “We’ve had a lot of superhero movies and I feel like some of them kept progressing forward and forward to the point where now we see a Marvel film and they’re really bringing Jack Kirby and Stan Lee’s world to life.

“It’s really like a living, breathing comic book now. So people are ready to go deeper on superheroes to deal with dysfunction and demons and addiction, but you won’t really find a comic going so deep in a mainstream comic.”

Earlier this year, Way revealed there are already “future series” of the comic book planned. “What I did for [showrunner] Steve Blackman and the writers in that first writers’ room was to create an 18-page document that laid everything out,” he said. “Even of the graphic novels that haven’t come out yet, which should equal eight when we’re all done. So I gave them the blueprint for what happens because you do want to seed certain things in there for future series and the hope is that it’s a success so that you do a lot more of these.”