The guitarist said he was fired from the band after Stevie Nicks had issued their bandmates with an ultimatum

Lindsey Buckingham has said he has settled the lawsuit he filed against Fleetwood Mac after he was dismissed from the band earlier this year.

The guitarist was fired from the group in January and later said in an interview the band’s manager Irving Azoff had told him Stevie Nicks “never wants to be on a stage with you again.”

In October, Buckingham began legal proceedings against his former bandmates, claiming breach of fiduciary duty and breach of oral contract, among other complaints. Fleetwood Mac disputed the allegations made against them in the lawsuit.

Now, in a new interview, the star said the legal matter had been settled. Asked if it was all resolved, Buckingham said: “Yes it is.” He added that that had only become the case within the last “couple of weeks”.

“We’ve all signed off on something,” he said. “I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.”

Asked if he felt like he’d been “kicked out of the family”, he replied: “I do, but I don’t feel like it was something that was my doing. It hurt for a while. I did walk around for a few months with a very visceral reaction to that.”

He also revealed his former bandmate Christine McVie had emailed him “in the last couple of weeks”. “She wrote me an email and basically said, ‘Dearest Lindsey, just know that I had nothing to do with any of this. Know that I miss you so much,’” he explained. “She said, ‘I believe deep in Stevie’s heart that she would like you to come home.’”

Meanwhile, Fleetwood Mac are due to perform at London’s Wembley Stadium in June 2019 with their new line-up. Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn have now joined the group since Buckingham’s departure. Remaining tickets are available to purchase here.

Fleetwood Mac will play:

June 2019

16 – London, Wembley Stadium
18 – London, Wembley Stadium