Lily Allen has confirmed herself for next year's Glastonbury festival.

The singer, who was a guest on Nick Grimshaw's Radio 1 Breakfast Show this morning (November 19), said she will be playing at Worthy Farm in 2014 as part of an extensive summer tour.

She said: "It got confirmed yesterday. That's the first big thing I'm going to be doing. I'll be doing 16 weeks of festivals over the summer and then tour." Although Allen did not reveal which slot on the bill she would be performing in, she did praise Glastonbury, adding: "It's the best festival, I think – that, and Fuji Rock in Japan."

Last week (November 12), Lily Allen released her comeback track 'Hard Out Here'. She has since defended both the song and its accompanying video, which shows Allen dancing with a group of black dancers in a spoof of hip-hop music video tropes. This part of the video has been picked up on by some critics, who claim that using black dancers to gyrate explicitly around a white singer, albeit ironically, is not acceptable.

Speaking to NME at the Red Bull Revolutions In Sound event at the London Eye last week, she said: "There's been a lot of praise [for 'Hard Out Here']. Millions. Laura Mvula, Ellie Goulding and Kate Nash were all in touch. Loads more. Laura Mvula said she both laughed and cried with happiness when she saw it." She acknowledged that there had also been plenty of critics, "but we're not going to talk about them."

Allen refused to give any more details about her third album, saying it would be announced in due course. When asked if she was looking forward to being so busy in the New Year, with a presumed 2014 album release and tour dates, she joked: "You never know, I might rush-release it before Christmas."