She's taking 'No Shame' on the road

Lily Allen has announced details of a UK and Ireland tour for December 2018. Full dates and ticket details are below.

In support of her acclaimed upcoming fourth album ‘No Shame‘, Allen will be capping off the year with shows in Dublin, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester and London.

Allen’s upcoming tour dates are below. Tickets are on sale from 10am on Friday June 8 and available here.

Tuesday December 11 2018 – DUBLIN Olympia Theatre
Thursday December 13 2018 – GLASGOW Barrowland
Friday December 14 2018 – BIRMINGHAM O2 Institute
Sunday December 16 2018 – MANCHESTER Albert Hall
Monday December 17 2018 – LONDON Roundhouse

Reviewing Allen’s bold and confident new album, NME wrote: By the end, it’s hard to deny ‘No Shame’ represents the woman who made it: it’s a smart, self-aware and compellingly imperfect record with a pretty unique point of view.”

Meanwhile, Allen recently made headlines after speaking about how the #MeToo movement has had very little impact on the music industry.

“It’s probably because we’re all in long term contracts,” she said.“There isn’t a HR place to go to because everyone’s self-employed. You can’t go to the record company, nobody there’s looking after you. Management’s not looking after you. You’re all on your own.”

Allen added: “And also, I think, the culture of music is, whether we like it or not, geared around alcohol and drugs. From the making of music in the studio – people want to loosen up and drink, to get themselves into the writing space – to when it comes to playing live, what makes it tick is the booze.

“People feel like they can get away with certain things because there is lots of alcohol around and alcohol can be blamed, rather than individuals. On both sides I think women can feel, ‘Oh I can’t absolve myself of responsibility because I drank.”