He allegedly used the slur during a restaurant fight

Lil Xan has been criticised after he appeared to use the N word during a furious argument at a shopping mall.

In footage obtained by TMZ, the 22-year-old star is seen using the racial epithet as he argues with a customer at a Taco Bell restaurant inside an Indianapolis shopping mall.

“I’m rich n****r I’m rich”, the rapper is heard to repeatedly shout. “You broke ass bitch.”

The rapper’s security team is seen attempting to remove him from the scene – but he continues to remonstrate further and shouts “I don’t give a fuck, n****r” near the end of the clip.

The woman recording the video threatens to call the police, but he appears to walk off before any further action is taking.

Although he is yet to respond to the incident, the star has faced condemnation online.

‘I guess after being put it in the hospital from hot cheetos he’s fearless and said the n word! lil xan everyone’, one Twitter user said.

Another said: ‘You flat out a fucking racist, no doubt about it.’

The incident comes weeks after he was hospitalised for eating too many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.

The rapper concerned fans when he posted an image of himself in the back of the ambulance. Although it was initially speculated that the incident may have been drugs related, he claimed that he had eaten too many of the spicy snack.

“I just want to let everybody know that I was in the hospital, not due to any drugs, but I guess I ate too many hot Cheetos and it ripped [laughs] something in my stomach open a little bit and I puked a little blood. So we good”, he later told fans in an Instagram live broadcast.

His claims were supported by a leading food expert, who claimed that gastrointestinal intolerance may have caused the hospitalisation.