"Diego was just admitted into his first treatment. He loves each and every one of you."

Lil Xan has checked into rehab, after confirming that he would seek treatment in the wake of Mac Miller‘s death.

Posting on Instagram, the rapper’s girlfriend Annie confirmed that he was undergoing treatment for opioid addiction, after previously confirming his plans to seek help.

“Diego was just admitted into his first treatment. He loves each and every one of you sending good wishes and prayers to him,” she wrote.

“We thank you all so very much for all of the love and support you are sending his way. He will be back soon, with another top 10 album.”

Only hours before announcing the rehab stint on Instagram last month, the rapper had told TMZ how Miller’s death from an apparent drugs overdose in September had acted as a wake up call.

“The worst one that affected me the most, Mac Miller,” he admitted.

“It hit too close to home so…and I know we both struggle with the same problems and stuff and I just feel like it’s time to get, you know, better.”

Although he had planned to enter the facility, he was forced to postpone it due to high demand.

When asked about the drugs he was specifically addicted to, Xan replied: “Mostly with Hydrocodone. Norcos is what they call them. Basically, a lot of opioids.

“I’ve been way worse in the past, I’ve actually been 10 times worse than what I’ve been now, but I want to do rehab just so I can get over this last little hump, like stretch, so I could finally be back to Diego.”

Meanwhile, he was forced to cancel a show in October after a man posted videos threatening him with an AK-47.