Just before kicking off their joint tour on Friday, Lil Wayne and Drake dropped a preview of their collaboration through a new single called "Grindin." The track then got an immediate live debut that very evening during the Street Fighter-themed Drake vs. Lil Wayne tour opener at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center near Buffalo, New York.

The Boi-1da and Vinylz-produced "Grindin" is the latest single to emerge from Lil Wayne's upcoming new album, The Carter V. Over a hypnotically repeating keyboard line, the two Young Money emcees testify to their work ethic in both physical and career matters with lines like "I fuck her until I get tired, retire and come out retirement." Drake outlines a new business strategy ("Going to L.A. where I'm trying to get high and do a song every day") and reflects on the payoff from his efforts ("Someone said, 'ni--a they're taking you seriously now'/I'm like, 'I think they might just be scared of me now").

Earlier this week, the pair released an app to go along with the tour. During the show's rap battle segment, the crowd can use the app to determine who goes first and, ultimately, who wins the night. According to Consequence of Sound, Lil Wayne was victorious in both contests on Friday.

The Drake vs. Lil Wayne tour heads to Noblesville, Indiana on Saturday night and runs through the end of September, when it wraps up in Woodlands, Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTdRNClabHM