“There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don’t speak Glastonburyish"

Liam Gallagher headlined Pilton Party for Glastonbury Festival yesterday (August 31), with a career-spanning set.

Fans took to social media to share their enjoyment of the gig which saw the former Oasis frontman playing songs from his latest album alongside Oasis classics such as ‘Some Might Say’, ‘Champagne Supernova’ and ‘Live Forever.’

During a performance of ‘Wonderwall’ Gallagher changed the lyrics, singing: “There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don’t speak Glastonburyish,” to loud applause and cheering.

This was one of Gallagher’s first performances since both he denied allegations of “assault” against his girlfriend Debbie Gwyther last week. Gwyther also denied the allegations.

While there was no Glastonbury Festival in 2018 due to a fallow year, the annual Pilton Party went ahead as a “thank you” fund raising gig for villagers, workers and local people from the Eavis family and Glasto organisers.

In other Glastonbury news, the odds on Artic Monkey’s headlining next year’s festival have been slashed, with Alex Turner and co. hiving shot from 9/2 odds to 11/4, placing them as fourth favourites behind frontrunner Kendrick Lamar (7/4), Elton John (9/4) and Kylie Minogue (5/2).

Betway’s Alan Alger said: “We’re keeping a very close eye on the Glastonbury headliner betting at the moment. Kendrick Lamar was strongly supported in the betting earlier this summer, while Stormzy was the man that everyone wanted to back last week.”

“Today, we’ve seen plenty of interest for the Arctic Monkeys and have had to cut their odds to 11/4 from 9/2. As things stand, Kendrick Lamar, Elton John and Kylie Minogue occupy the three spots up for grabs, but the way Alex Turner’s band is being backed suggests they’re a likely performer.”

The set list for Liam’s Pilton Park gig:

Rock n Roll Star

Morning Glory

Greedy Soul

Wall of Glass

Bold

For What It’s Worth

Some Might Say

Champagne Supernova

Soul Love

Universal Gleam

Whatever