"The rapping in the middle of the Bends is taking the piss"

Liam Gallagher has taken aim at Radiohead in a series of late night tweets.

The former Oasis and Beady Eye frontman criticised “the rapping in the middle of the Bends” and ‘Karma Police’ – “Karma Police ffs” – and also asked: “how the fuck did these teds get big?” Gallagher also referenced a number of other Radiohead songs during his rant.

He called the band “Radio play” before ending his tweet barrage with “Rite its going off.” You can read Gallagher’s tweets here:

It’s not the first time Gallagher has had a go at Radiohead. In 2011, he told the band “to go fuck yourself” after criticising their album ‘The King of Limbs’. Gallagher took aim at them writing a song “about a fucking tree.”

In the interview, from 2011, Gallagher said: “I heard that fucking Radiohead record and I just go, ‘What?!’” he said. “I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!”

Speaking of Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke’s decision to take influence from the tree in question, Gallagher added: “You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?”

Meanwhile, Gallagher recently announced details of an intimate acoustic gig at London’s Union Chapel. Gallagher will be playing what looks set to be one of his final shows of 2018 by performing for homeless charity Shelter’s annual Christmas gig on Thursday December 13.

“No child should have to wake up homeless on Christmas day, which is why I’ll be playing a very special acoustic gig this December,” said Gallagher, speaking about the event. “This gig will be a one-off; a chance to raise some money for all the great work Shelter does to stop homelessness.”