Miller passed away this weekend, aged 26

Liam Gallagher used his set at Lollapalooza Berlin to dedicate the Oasis classic ‘Live Forever’ to the memory of Mac Miller. See footage below.

Miller, real name Malcolm McCormick, was found unresponsive at noon on September 7 at his San Fernando Valley home. Whilst no official cause of death has yet been released, Miller is believed to have died from an apparent overdose.

Among the many figures to pay tribute to the rapper, Gallagher took to Twitter with the simple message ‘Mac Miller RIP x’. Fans then responded by re-sharing images of the various times the pair had met, as well as Mac Miller’s cover of ‘Wonderwall’.

Speaking on stage at Lollapalooza Berlin this weekend to introduce ‘Live Forever’, Gallagher told the crowd: “I’d like to dedicate this to a lad who’s just died, Mac Miller”.

Among the many artists to pay tribute to the young rapper, Miller’s friend Childish Gambino also used a performance this weekend to honour his memory.

“I’m a very sensitive person… but this Mac Miller shit got me fucked up,” he said. “He was so nice. He was the sweetest guy, he was so nice. And we were both internet music kids, and a lot of critics were like, ‘This corny-ass white dude, this corny-ass black dude,’ and we used to talk. And this kid, he just loved music…my heart is broken.”

Lil Xan also spoke of his devastation – adding that he was considering ‘retiring’ from music as a result.

Miller was due to start a tour next month in support of his latest, critically acclaimed album, ‘Swimming’. He had also been profiled in Vulture earlier this week (September 6) where he spoke candidly about his struggles of growing up in the public eye.

He said: “A lot of times in my life I’ve put this pressure to hold myself to the standard of whatever I thought I was supposed to be, or how I was supposed to be perceived. And it creates pressure.”

Reviewing his latest album ‘Swimming’, NME called it “his best work in years” with the album receiving much critical acclaim elsewhere. There were reports that Miller was also planning an extensive collaboration with Post Malone.

Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Miller started making music while still at school. He released his first mixtape in 2007 under the name EZ Mac, aged just 15. He subsequently released five studio albums under his Mac Miller identity and collaborated with a multitude of artists.