The singer has been busy with other work besides new album 'Norman Fucking Rockwell'

Lana Del Rey says she wants to publish a book of her own poetry and already has “13 kind of long poems” written.

The musician has been busy working on a new album, which she announced earlier today (September 18) would be called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’.

Speaking to Zane Lowe, she said she also had other creative endeavours on the go that she had recently realised could be something she could share with the wider world. “I didn’t think I would [publish them] until three weeks ago,” she said, discussing her poetry.

“I have like 13 kind of long poems that I started binding and I thought, ‘Wow, the pages are kind of stacking up here.’ I mean, it’s easy too with haikus because it’s only three lines so you could have like 30 pages of haikus that’s only like 200 words or something. But I thought they’re kind of like stacking up to look like a real book. So I mean what I’d like to do is sort of self publish but I’m not very good at the distribution side of things.”

She also revealed she already has a title for the book. “Right now, it’s tentatively called Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass,” she said. “That’s just from a line in one of my favourite poems that I wrote….Yeah, ‘Seven years old with dandelions grasped tightly in her hand.'” Listen to the full interview above.

Meanwhile, Del Rey shared a second new song today, called ‘Venice Bitch’. The 10-minute long track follows last week’s ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ and is the second piece of music to come from her sessions with Taylor Swift and Lorde producer Jack Antonoff.

The star recently pulled out of Israel’s Meteor Festival. She had been criticised for planning to perform in the country while a cultural boycott is taking place, but she had promised to visit both Israel and Palestine during her time there.

She said the reason for her cancellation was not due to the pressure put on her but because it wouldn’t be possible for her to fulfill her promise to visit Palestinian fans too “with such short notice”. “Therefore I’m postponing my appearance at the Meteor Festival until a time when I can schedule visits for both my Israeli and Palestinian fans, as well as hopefully other countries in the region,” she wrote.