Lana Del Rey Announces She Will Be Deactivating Her Social Media Accounts: 'I Have So Many Other Interests and Jobs'

Lana Del Rey is saying goodbye to social media.

The 36-year-old singer-songwriter took to Instagram on Saturday (Sept. 11) to announce that she will be soon be deactivating her social media accounts in an effort to focus on future artistic projects.

"Hi, guys. I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow we are going to be deactivating our social media accounts, my social media accounts," Del Rey said in the brief video, captioned "On the record." "That is simply because I have so many other interests and other jobs I'm doing that require privacy and transparency."

ARTIST MENTIONED
Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey Announces New 'Blue Banisters' Release Date, Stuns in Sun-Drenched Video for 'Arcadia'
In the nearly thee-minute black-and-white clip, the singer thanked her fans for their support and assured them she will continue to release new music, spoken word albums and poetry books. Last week, she dropped her new single "Arcadia," which will be featured on her eighth album, Blue Banisters, scheduled for release on Oct. 22.

"I'm still very present and love what I do. I'm absolutely out here for the music and that I'm also just going on some different endeavors," she continued. "For right now, I think I'm going to just keep my circle a little bit closer and continue to develop some other skills and interests."

Del Rey closed the video by saying she's "always here making lots of records and in the meantime living life" and adding she's "always enjoyed sharing all these very small tidbits with you" before thanking fans and flashing a peace sign to the camera.

Del Rey has been prolific of late. Earlier this year, she recently released Chemtrails Over the Country Club album, which hit No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. And in late 2020, she debuted her poetry collection Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. Chemtrails follows 2019's Norman F---ing Rockwell, which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200. That album earned the singer-songwriter her best career reviews and multiple Big Four Grammy nominations.

See Del Rey's announcement that she's leaving social media below on Instagram.