Lady Gaga should stop blaming other for the failure of ARTPOP, Wendy Williams explained.

Days after Lady Gaga suggested that some behind-the-scenes shenanigans caused her latest album to flounder on the charts, the talk show host decided to address the singer’s penchant for blaming others for the debacle. In her humble opinion, Mother Monster needs to shoulder most the responsibility.

“The idea that she’s clearing house, though, seems to me that she’s playing the blame game and not taking credit for part of the ‘flop-ation’ herself. Well, woman up, Gaga!” the host declared. “Because you have some culpability in this, also. You can blame other people and clean house, but you gotta look at the person in the mirror,” she said.

To add insult to injury, Wendy Williams asked members of her audience to clap if they truly enjoyed Lady Gaga’s new album. While a few folks showed their support by making some noise, the majority of those in attendance sat in silence. At least we know where Williams’ fans stand on the matter.

It’s no secret that ARTPOP was a financial disappointment for Lady Gaga and her record label. Although she reportedly had $25 million in marketing to spend on promotion, she couldn’t get anyone truly interested in the songs. Hardcore fans helped drive sales, though casual listeners seemed turned off by the endeavor.

Gaga suggested earlier this month that some of the people she surrounded herself with during this time played a huge part in the album’s failure. During a recent Q&A session with fans, she discussed why the music video for “Do What You Want” was ultimately delayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qlLEokmlhZA

“It is late because, just like with the ‘Applause’ video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it. Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health and left me on my own to damage control any problems that ensued as a result,” she said.

The singer continued, “Millions of dollars are not enough for some people. They want billions. Then they need trillions. I was not enough for some people.”

Lady Gaga even apologized to fans for the ARTPOP debacle. Since the singer feels she let a lot of people down with the release, she’s hoping folks will give her a shot at redemption.

“Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you. Open your hearts to me again that I may show you the joy of us coming together through our talents, that we are stronger as a unit than when we are alone. Forgive me monsters. Forgive me ARTPOP. You are my whole world,” she said.

Do you agree that Lady Gaga should shoulder most of the blame for her album’s failure?