Lady Gaga Hints at New Album Release in 2016

The Golden Globes turned out to be a particularly rewarding night for millions of Little Monsters. Lady Gaga collected a Golden Globe (for best actress in a miniseries or TV movie) and collected Leonardo DiCaprio en route to the podium. Turns out she kept her biggest moment to share with those waiting backstage: the pop superstar revealed that a new album is on its way.

“You know, I am putting out an album this year. I won’t tell you when,” Gaga told reporters backstage.

Gaga's as-yet-untitled album studio album will be her first since the Tony Bennett collab Cheek to Cheek from September 2014, and her first set of original recordings since 2013’s Artpop, which peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.

Earlier, an emotional Gaga shared the goodwill after winning for her onscreen role as bloodthirsty hotel owner character, The Countess, in the fifth installment of America Horror Story: Hotel. "I feel like Cher in that John Patrick Shanley film Moonstruck right now, this is one of the greatest moments of my life," she said onstage. "You're my family forever. ... Because of you, I was able to shine, I guess. So thank you for sharing your talent with me. I wanted to be an actress before I wanted to be a singer, but music worked out first."

The 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards was held Sunday (Jan. 10) at The Beverly Hilton Hotel.