The full deposition was unsealed in court yesterday

Lady Gaga’s full deposition in Kesha’s legal case against Dr. Luke was unsealed in court yesterday (January 29).

Kesha has long claimed the producer, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, sexually assaulted her. In 2014, she sued him for sexual assault and battery, sexual harassment, gender violence, emotional abuse, and violation of California business practices. Dr. Luke, who has always denied assaulting the star, then filed a countersuit against her for defamation.

According to The Blast, Gaga’s deposition began with her lawyer explaining that the star was crying due to “PTSD reactions” because she was a survivor of sexual abuse and found the deposition to be a “trigger event” for her. Gaga spoke about meeting Kesha for the first time at Dr. Luke’s home studio, saying the singer was in a back room in only her underwear.

“What I recall was her immense sadness and depression and fear,” Gaga said of the first time Kesha told her about the alleged abuse. “She was visibly very different than when I had seen her before, and – but I can’t say specifically what we spoke about. I just recall it was emotional and I wanted to be there for her.”

When Dr. Luke’s lawyer asked her if she thought the producer’s reputation was “bruised” by the allegations, Gaga replied: “Reputation – if you are asking about his reputation in the world, I don’t feel at liberty to speak for the entire world. So if you are asking what my view is of his reputation, I made my view of him and his reputation when I saw her in that back room. That was an image that – of something that happened to me, and I felt and knew in my heart that she was telling the truth, and I believe her.”

The ‘Joanne’ star was asked to confirm that she had “no personal knowledge or information” about Dr. Luke and Kesha’s physical relationship. Gaga replied, “Yes, I do have knowledge” and added when asked to clarify: “She told me that he assaulted her.”

When she was then asked to give further facts to support her statement, she said: “Well, you know, when men assault women, they don’t invite people over to watch. And when this happens in this industry, it is kept extremely secret, and it is compounded by contracts and manipulative power scenarios that actually include this very situation that we are all in right now.”

Dr. Luke’s lawyer asked Gaga if she believed there has “never been a false accusation of rape”, to which Gaga responded: “How about all of the women that are accused of being liars and how she was slut shamed in front of the world, how about that?”

The lawyer then asked her again for “any factual knowledge” about the producer and the singer’s relationship. “Oh, I have factual knowledge of her depression,” Gaga said. “I have factual knowledge of her need for support and love. I have factual knowledge of the spiral that I watched that girl go down. I have factual knowledge of trauma. I am informed and intelligent about this issue. That girl has experienced serious trauma and she is in the middle of it right now. And you are all a party to it.”

Gaga was then asked to confirm that she wasn’t present when the alleged incident took place, to which she replied: “Why on earth would this girl tell the entire world this happened? Why on earth? Do you know what it’s like for survivors? Do you know what it’s like to tell people? Don’t you roll your eyes at me. You should be ashamed of yourself.”

Dr. Luke’s legal team issued a statement on the deposition earlier today (January 30). “Being passionate about a topic that concerns us all is admirable,” it read. “However, Lady Gaga has no knowledge of what happened on the night at issue because she was not there. The actual evidence shows, among other things: Kesha got kicked out of a party after drinking too much and vomiting. As an act of kindness, Dr. Luke offered to allow her to sleep in his hotel suite, a few blocks away. Kesha slept on the bed in the hotel suite, while Dr. Luke separately slept on the couch.

“Dr. Luke testified under oath that he did not have any contact with Kesha. Kesha herself admitted under oath that she has absolutely no memory of Dr. Luke even being in the hotel room. Kesha has no memory of Dr. Luke engaging in inappropriate contact with her because it did not happen.”

The legal case is ongoing.