Are Lady Gaga and Britney Spears preparing to make magic in the studio? According to a tweet from the “Work B****” singer, something interesting is definitely in the works.

Although the singers previously stated that they wouldn’t mind working on a tune together, nothing ever came to fruition. Since Lady Gaga is reportedly in the process of putting together a follow-up to her album ARTPOP, there’s a very strong possibility that something could come together in the very near future.

Since Britney Spears’ tweet about Lady Gaga is impossibly cryptic and vague, the post could mean just about anything. However, fans are hoping the message indicates that something musical is finally starting to come together behind-the-scenes. Waiting patiently for more information will definitely be a difficult mission for some folks to accomplish.

The tweet regarding a possible meeting with Lady Gaga has certainly captured the imaginations of Spears’ followers on Twitter. As of this writing, fans have retweeted the message over 15,000 in the span of just a few days. Judging from the response, people really want to see what the singers can cook up in the studio.

Spears said last year that she wouldn’t mind hooking up with Lady Gaga at some point down the road. While nothing about the collaboration was set in stone at the time, it would seem that things are slowly but surely moving forward on that front.

“I would do a duet with Lady Gaga. I think that would be a lot of fun. I think she’s very different and interesting and intricate,” Spears explained while promoting Britney Jean.

The Inquisitr previously reported that Lady Gaga is finally starting to recover from the debacle known as ARTPOP. The singer claimed that an array of serious behind-the-scenes problems plagued the release of the commercial disappointment. However, she insists that things are getting back on the right track.

“I know you’re anxious for more ‘ARTPOP.’ I am working so so so so hard and the wait will be worth it. We are 100 percent back on track and I’m busy creating behind the scenes. I miss you so much!” said in a recent message to her legion of fans.