The singer and actress was forced to evacuate her home last week following the spread of the Woolsey Fire

Lady Gaga brought pizza, supplies and support to people who are currently staying at a disaster shelter in California as a result of the devastating wildfires which have swept across the state in recent weeks.

The larger Camp Fire in the north of the state has killed 48 people in the region, with National Guard troops being drafted in to help search for more victims. The Woolsey Fire in southern California has spread to parts of LA, killing at least two people and destroying scores of properties in such areas as Malibu.

Gaga has been one of the people affected by the Woolsey Fire, with the star having had to evacuate her Malibu home on Friday (November 9). Gaga joined in with the relief efforts yesterday (November 13) by bringing pizza and supplies to a disaster shelter in a Los Angeles-area Red Cross shelter.

“I’m on my way now to a shelter in California to be with people who have evacuated their homes,” she said on social media. “It’s one of my acts of kindness for today and I encourage you to do the same. Be kind.” See screenshots from Gaga’s visit to the shelter below.

Speaking at the shelter, Gaga addressed those who had been badly affected by the fires, telling them that they would continue to be in her thoughts.

“This is not easy, I know this is not easy. And I know that a lot of you are feeling a lot of pain right now,” Gaga told the evacuees. “What I can tell you is that I will pray for each and every one of you… you will be in my thoughts, I extend my love to each and every one of you.”

Earlier this week, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl thanked a group of firefighters in Calabasas, LA for their tireless efforts in combatting the fires by cooking them BBQ.