KYLIE Minogue’s promoter has blasted a report that claimed the superstar was being paid $750,000 to promote the ABC.

Michael Gudinski said a Fairfax story today linking Minogue to an ABC advertising campaign is completely “unfactual”.

“To drag Australia’s greatest pop export into this further shows what a mess the ABC is in internally right now,” Gudisnki said.

“It’s an absolute disgrace they’ve used Kylie’s name because of some internal politics and a document that must have gone around. I’m horrified.”

Gudinski, who has worked with Minogue for over 30 years, was in negotiations with the ABC about televising a Minogue concert to be held in Melbourne next year, similar to the Crowded House show in Sydney the ABC broadcasted two years ago.

“We were having discussions with the ABC about a televised concert, which actually isn’t happening now as the timing didn’t work out. But there was never one single conversation about money. She was doing it for nothing. There was never a fee mentioned in any discussions we had about the show for the ABC. And there was never any talk of her being paid to do any promotion. Where they have got this figure of a $750,000 fee from I don’t know.”

An ABC spokesperson clarified the $750,000 figure was for production costs involved in staging and airing the concert, not a payment for Minogue to perform or to promote the network.

“In any creative process all sorts of ideas are tossed around,” the spokesperson said. “The $750,000 figure which has been reported today was not a fee but a preliminary estimate of production costs for a potential project which never went ahead. At no point did the ABC discuss any payment with Ms Minogue.”

Gudinski pointed out he and Jimmy Barnes were not paid for the current ABC promotions they appear on.

“I’m a huge supporter of the ABC, so is Kylie and Jimmy and most of the artists I work with. I hope through this revolution the ABC becomes like the BBC and supports more music and more arts like the BBC does - they air Glastonbury, they screen a lot of concerts. Vance Joy played the One Night Stand concert recently for the ABC, he didn’t get paid.

“The ABC is something that’s very near and dear to me. I’d do anything possible to help the reorganisation of the ABC. Look at how they treated Red Symons and Jon Faine, it’s beyond belief and it shows how it really needs to be reorganised. The ABC is so important to our culture.”