Kings Of Leon have given One Direction some advice on how to party with their fans.

Drummer Nathan Followill told the popstars that they should confiscate the phones of any young women they take back to their hotel room to avoid any photographs being taken.

"If you're going to have a party in a hotel room, have a box at the door and take the girls' phones - that's what gets kids into trouble these days. Every phone is a camera," he told The Sun.

The dummer also revealed that when One Direction's Harry Styles started following him on Twitter, he was inundated with messages from Styles' fans. "'I honestly think I got an extra 20,000 followers when that kid followed me - teenage girls asking me to set them up with him," he said.

Meanwhile, the band's singer Caleb Followill advised the boyband not to try and change. ''Don't try to turn into a rock band or anything. You are already there and have your music and your fans, so don't try change what you are."

The Tennessee rockers released their sixth album 'Mechanical Bull' on September 23. It became their fourth Number One on the UK.