The Killers have revealed details of their Christmas single for 2013.

For the last eight years, the band have released a festive charity single. This year's, singer Brandon Flowers has confirmed, will be released on December 1 again to coincide with World Aids Day.

"This year, the song's about a struggling actor in LA who misses the traditional Christmas," Flowers told Metro. "We got Owen Wilson to do the video, and there are cameos from Harry Dean Stanton and an animated Warren Zevon, which is bad-ass. I’m so excited about it – talk about the stars aligning."

He added: "You’ll never see us smile or let our hair down as much as when we do the Christmas stuff. It always turns out to be a lot of work but it’s really refreshing."

"What’s nice is that it happens to coincide with World Aids Day, which is December 1, so it made sense to write Christmas songs to raise money for Red Project," he continued. "This is our eighth year without doing any covers and we’ve done all types of Christmas songs, from love stories to The Cowboys’ Christmas Ball, and a Santa that’s out to getcha."

Last years' Christmas single 'I Feel It In My Bones' saw the band again team up with their former tour manager Ryan Pardley, who previously appeared in the band's 2007 Christmas video for 'Don't Shoot Me Santa'. Pardley played the role of a 'bad Santa' who rides a motorbike in place of Father Christmas' more traditional sleigh.