A move into more electronic territory.

Dave Keuning has released the title track of his debut solo album, ‘Prismism’ – listen below.

The song, which features a heavy vocoder vocal, is on The Killers’ guitarist’s new album that lands on January 25.

In the accompanying music video, Keuning sings and plays keyboards against a red backdrop as images cut to a woman smashing up a living room.

It’s a step away from previously shared song ‘Restless Legs’, which hears more of the rock sounds that have so influenced The Killers.

NME interviewed Keuning last month about his new venture, which he said he regretted “not doing a lot sooner”.

“I really, really regret not doing it, like, 10 years ago. I guess my life has been pretty chaotic for the last ten years and I finally needed this break to get centred and not be on the road and just take a step back a second. And I finally felt like making a record.

“As soon as I got going it reawakened the creative part of me. It went into overdrive. It was like, once I got started with one song I never wanted to stop.”

MONTERREY, MEXICO – MARCH 31: Dave Keuning of The Killers performs at Pal Norte Festival on March 31, 2017 in Monterrey, Mexico. (Photo by Rob Loud/WireImage)

Keuning plays a couple of shows before the release of ‘Prismism’:

December 9 – Manchester, Night & Day

December 10 – London, Dingwalls