Let there be rock....

Children across the UK will be given the chance to follow in Dave Grohl‘s footsteps, asFoo Fighters announce that they’re teaming up with Europe’s largest rock school for a special day of tutorials.

On February 16, Rocksteady will launch the Just PLAY workshops – which will provide children with the chance to learn an iconic Foo Fighters riff or beat in just 30 minutes – regardless of whether or not they’ve ever picked up an instrument.

The free event will take place in Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Northampton, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Guildford, Kingston and Romford. It’s open to children aged from 5 to 16 who can turn up throughout the day and begin to learn a selection of Foos classics. You can find out more here.

Rocksteady CEO Scott Monks said: “If you can help a young person feel like a rockstar for a day you can inspire them into a lifelong love of making music and you can’t get much more inspirational than the Foos!”

Dave Grohl added: “Watching my kids start to play music and learn to sing or play drums, it brings me back to the time when I was their age listening to albums, learning from listening.”

The Foos tutorial comes after Dave Grohl launched PLAY last year – a short film that sees him playing non-stop for 23 minutes on several different instruments.

Although Grohl and co won’t be present at the tutorials, they’ll be making their return to the UK later this year for shows in Glasgow & Belfast ahead of a headlining slot at Reading & Leeds festivals.