Alicia Keys' children give her hope for world peace.

The Girl on Fire singer is expecting her second child with husband Swizz Beatz, and is also step-mother to the hip-hop artist's two children from previous relationships.

In a post on Instagram Sunday, the star revealed how a thoughtful conversation with her family enlightened her to a more utopian world view.

'Today is international peace day!' she captioned an image of hundreds of people forming a giant peace sign on an open field.

'I just sat with my kids and asked them what peace was to them,' she wrote. 'Their answers we're so spot on and thoughtful! Made me KNOW that if we show our kids what peace is, we can know it one day! Then we said a prayer for peace. If we can know peace, love and kindness within, we can spread it and give it to everyone we meet. Sending you peace and love and kindness today and always.... Pass it on! #wearehere.'

The message came just hours after Alicia garnered headiness for posting a nude photo of herself with a peace sign painted on her pregnant stomach.

'It's you and me on a mission to create a kinder and more peaceful world. The #WeAreHere Movement begins today,' she wrote, asking fans to share their 'bright voices'.

It also came on the heels of Alicia's performance of her latest single, We Are Here, at the iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Friday.

'I wrote my new song #WeAreHere for all of us, all over the world,' she recently tweeted of the track.