After parking his tour bus for more than a year, the country megastar will return to the road on his 47th birthday

Fresh off the triumphant debut of The Big Revival, his 13th Number One country album debut, Kenny Chesney is returning to the road. The country superstar visited ABC's Good Morning America on Friday to announce the Big Revival Tour, which will hit arenas, amphitheaters and stadiums next year.

The trek, which the singer estimates will hit about 55 cities, kicks off in Nashville on March 26th, Chesney's 47th birthday.

"I can't think of a better way to celebrate," he says. "I've been ready to get out there for a long time. Now that we're announced I'm fired up! This new music brings a new energy to the show, and it's gonna take what we do to a whole other level."

The stats for the Tennessee native's previous tours prove the singer has plenty to live up to with this latest road trip. Since 2002, he has sold over one million tickets — making him the only country act in Billboard's Top 10 Touring Acts of the Past 25 Years.

Although the supporting acts for the Big Revival Tour have yet to be revealed, Chesney teased, "We're going to be mixing up the lineup, too: different markets will have different acts playing with us. A few will be on all the stadium shows, some doing pieces – but I promise everybody who's coming out rocks hard, and understands turning a crowd on."

Chesney's previous tours have included opening acts such as Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood, as well as outside-the-box artists Grace Potter and Uncle Kracker.

For the four-time CMA Entertainer of the Year, the tour is all about his fanbase, dubbed the No Shoes Nation.

"I've missed that sense of community and that passion for the music," he said. "There's gonna be some stuff from the new record and songs people haven't heard in a while. There's gonna be a whole lot of music and some surprises… I didn’t know if I could take the music as far as we were able with the album. That's the beauty of giving things time to be what they're meant to. We're already working on next year's video. I've seen the stage – and the lights. As the set list comes together, and we start locking down rehearsals, this is gonna be a wild night. I hope the fans are ready."

Cities and dates on the tour will be revealed soon.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-2015-20141024