The rapper has edited one track on the album

Kanye West has quietly made a change to his latest album, ‘Ye‘, five months after it was first released.

The rapper has previous when it comes to editing records after their release. He updated ‘The Life Of Pablo‘ several times after it was uploaded to streaming sites, calling it a “living, breathing, changing creative expression.”

While West has not yet commented on changes made to ‘Ye’, his engineer Adam Wolpert has confirmed at least one has been made on the track ‘I Thought About Killing You’. He replied to a tweet notifying fan accounts for the star that a sample had been removed from the song because it had never been cleared with a simple: “Correct.”

West is due to release another new album before the end of the year in ‘Yandhi’. The record was initially announced to be arriving on the same night he performed on SNL (September 29) but failed to materialise.

Later, the rapper confirmed a new release date – Black Friday, or November 23. He had previously said controversial artists 6ix9ine and XXXTentacion would feature on the record.

Last month, West announced he was “distancing himself from politics” after he claimed right-wing commentator Candace Owens had falsely credited him for designing a range of shirts for her “blexit”, or “black exit”, campaign.

“My eyes are now wide open and now realize I’ve been used to spread messages I don’t believe in,” he tweeted. “I am distancing myself from politics and completely focusing on being creative !!!”

In the days following the tweet, he began following figures such as the Green Party’s Caroline Lucas, Bernie Sanders, and Parkland shooting survivor and teen activist Emma González on Twitter.