"Elon Musk? I don’t care who’s over at his house".

Kanye West has defended Elon Musk during a bizarre rant at a US art college. See footage below.

The rapper stopped by Detroit’s College for Creative Studies for a surprise visit on Wednesday, posting videos of himself checking out the facility and examining a series of student projects.

But things soon took a turn for the weird as Kanye jumped on a table to defend Elon Musk – who faces allegations of securities fraud.

“Elon Musk? I don’t care who’s over at his house, leave that man the fuck alone,” Kanye told students. ““Leave that man the f*ck alone.”

Although it’s not clear what the rant referred to – it’s likely that Kanye was referencing Azealia Banks’ supposed visits to his house.

In August, Banks claimed that she was eagerly waiting at Musk’s home ahead of starting a planned collaboration with Grimes.

“Literally been sitting at Elon Musk’s house alone for days waiting for Grimes to show up and start these sessions,” Azealia Banks wrote on her Instagram story.

“I have no idea when she is coming back. I’m going to wait one more day then I’m going to go home.”

She later added: “Staying at Elon Musk’s house has been like a real life episode of ‘Get Out’.”

At the time, Musk claimed that he had not “communicated with her [Banks] in any way”.

He later backtracked on the claim.

Meanwhile, Elon Musk has found himself in hot water again after the Securities and Exchange Commission announced it is charging the Tesla CEO with fraud, based on “a series of false and misleading tweets about a potential transaction to take Tesla private”. It was based on a joke he Tweeted to impress Grimes.