Kanye West has a very good reason for his unchecked arrogance: You.

During his latest performance in Anaheim, California, the rapper decided to give everyone in attendance a history less on how “dope” he is. What West really wants you to understand is that his arrogance and ego are raging out of control because he wants to please the masses. In other words, he’s kind of like a Bryan Adams song.

“I’m so arrogant that I think I can actually outsmart the media. One of the media’s main things they’d like you to think is that the reason that I fight so much is just so I can, like, be doper or some s***. Or like, I can be cooler or some s***. Or like so I can buy a new car or some sh*t. But I don’t give a f*** about looking cool,” West boldly declared to his fans.

The excitable rapper added, “I don’t give a f*** about being dope. I was dope since age motherf***ing five. I don’t give a f*** about [that]. I know where the leather jacket store is… But they try to make it seem like my whole purpose in anything that I do and anything I say in any interview, is about me.”

Kanye West said the media fails to understand is that “everything I do is actually about you.” It’s a simple case of supply and demand, though very few people don’t seem to enjoy the creative genius’ raging ego these days. Regardless, the rapper basically said he’s arrogant because that’s exactly what his fans come to expect from him.

West’s epic rants are becoming commonplace at his recent shows. While wearing one elaborate mask or another, the Grammy-nominated rapper has addressed everything from Bruno Mars to Nike. As for those recent Grammy nods, Kanye West feels slighted that Yeezus didn’t receive a mention in the “Album of the Year” category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=F_9or1EyaGA

“I’m 36 years old, and I have 21 Grammys. That’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old. Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist. Now let’s bring it back to Michael Jackson days when he couldn’t get his video played because he was considered to be urban,” West recently explained to a crowd in Phoenix.

He added, “So when the Grammy nominations come out, and ‘Yeezus’ is the top one or two album on every single list but only gets two nominations from the Grammys, what are they trying to say? Do they think that I wouldn’t notice? Do they think that, some way, that I don’t have the power to completely diminish all of their credibility at this moment?”

What do you think about Kanye West and the explanation for his arrogance?