Yeezy, West's clothing company, is apparently now worth $1.5 billion

Kanye West may almost be a billionaire – according to his wife Kim Kardashian and reports in The Blast.

Appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday (July 31) Kim was speaking to host Kimmel about her sister Kylie Jenner’s success. In response, Kimmel asked her if she was a billionaire herself.

“I would say my husband is. That makes me one, right?” Kim replied.

According to The Blast, Kanye’s Yeezy clothing company recently received a valuation reportedly putting the net-worth of the company at $1.5 billion.

Whilst partnered with Adidas, Kanye is also still a majority shareholder according to the sources who spoke to The Blast.

It’s been a busy 2018 for Kanye who has released his own new album, ‘ye’ as well as a string of collaborative projects with artists including Nas, Kids See Ghosts (with Kid Cudi), Pusha T and Tenana Taylor.

Speaking about his latest album, ‘ye’, NME said: “It lacks the profundity of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and the audacity of 808s or Yeezus, but there’s still something quite pleasurable in seeing Kanye West – modern music’s most abrasive personality – with his guard down, seeming like less of a deity for 23 minutes. ‘ye’ is succinct and easy to swallow, but those aren’t necessarily the hallmarks of Kanye at the top of his game.”

“Nobody can deny this mini album flirts with brilliance, and feels like a pop cultural moment straight out the gate; we just wish there was a little more to it.”