Kayne West consulted with Rick Rubin while putting the finishing touches on his Yeezus album, but when the musical production guru gave his advice on how 'Ye should approach the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, the fiery rapper just didn't take heed.

"Just do your song and leave," 'Ye told fans at Brooklyn's Barclays Center on Wednesday night of the pre-VMA advice he got from Rubin.

During last night's Yeezus tour stop, though, 'Ye explained why that was easier said than done.

"I'm sitting there, I'm trying to enjoy mother----ers performing, and sh--. I'm looking, I'm watching Drake perform, I see Bruno Mars perform, and sh--," Kanye told the crowd, as seen in a video posted online by RealTalkNY.com on Thursday morning (November 21). "And then they start giving out awards and sh--, and Bruno Mars won all the mother----ing awards, and sh--."

Actually, Bruno only won two awards: His "Locked Out of Heaven" vid won in the Best Male Video category and "Treasure" took home a Moonman in the non-televised Best Choreography category. Still, that didn't stop West's free-flowing stream of consciousness. "Can't no mother----ing networks try to gas everybody up so they can sell some product with the prettiest mother----er out," West barked. "I still ain't see a video better than Beyoncé video 'till this mother----ing day."

MTV and pretty people weren't the only ones who took heat. Kanye also took aim at the fashion world and the folks who once stopped him from entering the Givenchy and Balenciaga fashion shows. "You seen my interview on Jimmy Kimmel talking about how I want to do clothes, how I want support and sh--. And y'all say, 'Why can't he just do it by his self?' Well, I want to let you know I signed my deal a week and a half ago," he revealed, without saying who he actually signed the deal with.

"But if you sell enough sneakers, you get diminishing returns because they want you to stay in that position forever," he continued, referencing the success he has had designing sneakers for Louis Vuitton and his Air Yeezy model for Nike.

He then went onto to jab at Nike CEO Mark Parker.

"They tried to make it as small as possible. Mark Parker even talked sh--, talking about, 'We don't even know why people like the Yeezys,' " he shouted. "They like 'em like they like the Jordans, because I was in fourth grade getting kicked out for drawing Jordans."