After opening for the likes of Kenny Chesney and Katy Perry, the CMA's reigning New Artist of the Year will see her own name at the top of the marquee this fall. Kacey Musgraves has announced her Same Tour Different Trailer trek, which kicks off in Tulsa, Oklahoma on September 25th. She'll bring John and Jacob along for the ride again — the Alabama-bred folksy-country rockers who also opened for her in Europe last year.

Musgraves spends much of her downtime on the road crafting songs. She and Perry have co-written one that may end up on a future album by the pop star. "It's loosely based on Dorothy's version of The Wizard of Oz, her being in love with the Tin Man, but he didn't have a heart," Musgraves tells Billboard. "It's cool to step out of my zone and write for somebody else."

Expect to see her name on most — if not all — of the writing credits on her next album, as well. The Texas native has found a lot of inspiration on the road, as she puts together the follow up to her Grammy-winning debut album, Same Trailer Different Park.

"Being away from family and friends is an unfortunate part of this, but it's also inspiring because it causes me to think," she told Rolling Stone while on tour with Perry. "I reserve time when I can to write here and there. It's important to keep the creative vein flowing. I’ve got a good handful that I’m really excited about…. They’re the same kind of simple [songs] — all of my favorite parts of traditional country music are, with fresh, blunt ideas.”

The first taste of Musgraves' second album is "The Trailer Song," which tells the clever tale of nosy neighbors in a trailer park. She wrote the single — one of our Readers' Poll picks for Best Songs of 2014 So Far — with Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally, who were also her co-writers on Miranda Lambert's "Mama's Broken Heart."

Tickets for all dates on the Same Tour Different Trailer tour (see below), with the exception of Chicago, go on sale August 15th. A special presale for tickets and VIP packages starts August 12th. Click here for special presale codes.

September 25 – Tulsa, Oklahma at Cain's Ballroom
September 26 – Springfield, Missouri at Gillioz Theatre
September 27 – Chicago at Riviera Theatre *
October 1 – Dallas at Granada Theater
October 2 – Houstin at Warehouse Live
October 3 – Baton Rouge, Louisiana at Varsity Theatre
October 4 – Birmingham, Alabama at Alabama Theatre
October 17 – Athens, Georgia at Georgia Theatre
October 18 – Asheville, North Carolina at the Orange Peel
October 19 – Savannah, Georgia at Trustees Theater

*Pre-sale for the Chicago concert begins August 19th, with tickets going on sale for the general public on August 22nd.