The Queens Of The Stone Age frontman will be back on the airwaves for a third run

Josh Homme‘s Beats 1 radio show, Alligator Hour, is set to return next week for its third season, it has been announced.

The Queens Of The Stone Age frontman began hosting the show in 2015, shortly after Beats 1 was launched alongside Apple Music.

Over its two seasons so far, the programme has seen Homme play mixes of his favourite music and chat with guests including Alex Turner, Fred Armisen, Brody Dalle, Savages, Iggy Pop, and more

In a tweet posted to the official QOTSA Twitter page, Alligator Hour‘s return for a third season was confirmed earlier today (September 4). It revealed new episodes will air between Monday and Thursday (September 10-13) at 6pm BST.

Meanwhile, in a recent interview, the musician recalled “getting his ass kicked” by homophobes for defending his brother. “My brother Jason is gay, and at an early age I grew a dislike for bullies,” said Homme. “Jason is two years older than me but I am bigger and always took on a protective role.

“I got my ass kicked a number of times and I was always proud to do it when it was in defence of our family name.”

He also discussed his relationship with his wife, The Distillers‘ frontwoman Brody Dalle, calling her his “punk-rock dream girl.” “I always thought if I could go out with a chick with a mohawk who also read philosophy, I’d be winning,” he said. “Brody is the real deal. She does everything the boys can do and a whole slew of things no boy ever could.”

Homme made headlines last year when he kicked a photographer at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show in Inglewood, California. On December 9, the frontman kicked a camera from the photographer’s hands, which then hit her in the face and left her requiring medical care in hospital.

In the immediate aftermath of the incident, Homme released an apology video, admitting that he had been a “total dick” and saying that he had “to figure some stuff out.”