89421.jpg

Jordin Sparks is 'past' her split from Jason Derulo.

The 25-year-old singer and her former beau, also 25, split last September after two years together. And while it took Jordin some time to get over the breakup, she insists she has now moved forward with her life, and is happier than ever.

'When it comes to the heartbreak and whatever happened in my past, at the time I didn't talk about it because I was still hurting," Jordin told Billboard.

'Now? I'm not hurting anymore. I don't live there, I don't live there in the past. I'm past it."

Jordin is set to make a return to the music industry with a new album entitled Right Here, Right Now ' her first release since 2009.

The former American Idol contestant says she is excited to delight fans with the fresh material, which reflects the novel chapter in her life.

"I feel like the timing is so perfect right now, for everything," she said.

Adding she's hoping her fan base respond well to her 'open and honest' music, Jordin said: 'To be able to have music, finally, after so long, is just exhilarating.'

Meanwhile, as she promoted her upcoming release, Jordin used another interview to confirm that she's dating rapper Sage the Gemini.

The pair first sparked romance rumours back in April when Jordin started posting cute snaps on Instagram.

"I think they're pretty obvious," Jordin told People of the pictures. 'We're having fun. He's a really good guy, and the pictures speak for themselves . I don't just kiss people!"

Jordin also revealed the reasons behind the '#baemaxx' tag she used for her beau in one of the shots.

'Well, you know, Big Hero 6, the big guy was [named] Baymax,' she said. 'We watched that two weeks ago . and I was like, 'I love the name Baymax,'. [Sage] was like, 'I'm your bae to the max,' and I was like, 'That's your nickname!' '