Experience Hendrix LLC and Legacy Recordings will reissue the first two posthumous studio albums from Jimi Hendrix, The Cry of Love and Rainbow Bridge.

Neither of the albums have been available for decades with Bridge never coming out on CD and Love last being issued in 1992. Both will be put out on CD, Vinyl LP and via digital download.

The Cry of Love was originally released in 1971 and reached number 3 in the U.S. and 2 in the U.K. The album was compiled and engineered by Eddie Kramer and drummer Mitch Mitchell with Mitchell and Billy Cox playing on most of the tracks. Buddy Miles appears on Ezy Rider and Noel Redding on My Friend. Also on the album are Steve Winwood, Chris Wood and Buzzy Linhart.

Kramer and Mitchell returned later in the year to put together Rainbow Bridge with the help of John Jansen. While the album is billed as the soundtrack for the concert film Rainbow Bridge, it, in fact, only had one live track. The rest of the album was pulled from studio recording made at the same time as the material on The Cry of Love.

While many of the tracks on the albums found their way onto other Hendrix releases over the years, this is the first time in decades that fans will be able to purchase them in the same form as when they were originally released in the early 70′s.

The track lists:

The Cry Of Love
Freedom
Drifting
Ezy Ryder
Night Bird Flying
My Friend
Straight Ahead
Astro Man
Angel
In From the Storm
Belly Button Window