Jennifer Hudson will give away toys to children in need on Christmas Eve.

The singer founded the the Julian D. King Gift Foundation in 2009 in honour of her seven-year-old nephew Julian, who was killed the previous year by his mother's ex-boyfriend.

The organisation was established by Jennifer and her sister "to provide stability, support and positive experiences for children of all backgrounds", according to its mission statement.

And Jennifer posted a photo on Instagram Monday, revealing she has not forgotten her pledge as she organised the annual charity event.

"Were getting all we have to give , ready for our Julian d. King gift foundation ! Just a blessing to be able to bless others ,once again ! See u tomorrow !!!" she wrote (sic).

Accompanying the message was a photo of rows of bicycles and other toys ready to be given to less fortunate children.

Jennifer last month spoke about the joy she feels by giving back.

"I've been blessed to achieve all of my dreams I've ever had to this point," Jennifer told Variety. "So it's all about making new ones and at this point, I get my biggest kicks off of just helping someone else."

Julian's killer, William Balfour, was convicted last year in the boy's murder, as well as for the murders of Jennifer's mother, Darnell Donaldson, and brother, Jason Hudson.

Prosecutors said Balfour had attacked in a jealous rage after Julia received a gift from a new boyfriend.

Balfour was sentenced to three consecutive life sentences.