A hidden talent...

The MTV EMAs took place last Sunday, but it wasn’t the award-winners that got everyone talking. Instead, it was Jason Derulo‘s unexpected cover of Andrea Bocelli’s ‘Time To Say Goodbye’.

The ‘Want To Want Me’ singer took to the stage to perform the operatic classic before launching into new single ‘Goodbye’ with David Guetta and Nicki Minaj. He later revealed on Twitter that ‘this is a side of me that’s been burning within for a long time’.

But after some initial confusion at the performance, some of his 4 million followers reacted positively as he posed the question “Should I do a classical project one day?’

Still, there was the opportunity for a joke – with some refusing to miss the chance for a Step Brothers reference.

Elsewhere at the awards, Camilla Cabello came out on top at the EMA’s– scooping 4 awards including Best Artist and Best Song. Dua Lipa triumphed in Best Pop while BTS took home the Biggest Fans award.

Last year, Derulo was in hot water last year with Keele University – reportedly owing them £20,000. Keele University Student Union claim he failed to show up to a gig despite having been paid the advance fee.

After failing to reimburse the union, students took to Twitter to takeover the BBC Sounds Like Friday Night hashtag, where Derulo was guest presenting, to remind the singer they need a refund.